7.4.10

Egg Salad Conversion

I'm not much of a mayo fan (though I've recently taken to its use in Japanese bar food), so therefore, I've never enjoyed or made the usual tuna/egg/potato/macaroni/etc. salads. But, as I had a few hard-boiled eggs that we'd decorated at Mandy's birthday brunch hanging out in my fridge, I decided I'd try to make some egg salad. Inspired by the chicken salad I made as part of the KKNY Retro Recipe Project (yes, I'm due to make something!), I added my own little twist, and came up with something I actually like! Perhaps I'll reconsider this whole genre of salads now...I think they could actually be interesting.

Egg Salad With A Twist
• 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
• 3 tablespoons chopped pitted olives (I used pimento-stuffed Manzanilla)
• 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (or more to taste)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Combine everything with a fork until the mixture becomes creamy. Serve on bread, with crackers, or on its own.

No comments: