8.4.10

Springtime in Central Park

I cut through Central Park on my way to meet some people, and the beautiful springtime completely distracted me...and led me to twice stray from my path. My first stop was the Shakespeare Garden, which is always pretty, but absolutely gorgeous in springtime. I had to wander...


And then, as I approached the obelisk behind the Met, I wondered...is my favorite tree in bloom? It had been a while since I'd timed it correctly, so wandered to the North side of the Met. This particular tree is planted where the walking path meets the transverse (by the Temple of Dendur), and there's just something about that location I love. Perhaps it's because it's where the brash modern world (vehicles) meets strolling pedestrians meets ancient Egypt?

Huzzah--it was just beginning to bloom!



No comments: