24.11.09

Can Schman...

I'm lucky enough to be attending two Thanksgiving feasts this year (my stomach's in for one heck of a day!), so I've offered to contribute my super-easy, transportable, and happy-making cranberry sauce. I tend to vary ingredients from year to year, but the constants remain: ginger, orange, and chili.

In case you have yet to make your cranberry sauce...

Cranberry Sauce (2009)

• 12 oz. cranberries (equivalent to a prepackaged bag)
• zest and juice of 3 navel oranges
• 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• 3 green cardamom pods
• 1 tsp. French Quatre épices (or a combination of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and black pepper)
• 1 teeny tiny hot chili (or a pinch of cayenne)

Combine everything in a saucepan and cook on medium-low heat, stirring from time to time. Cook until cranberries pop and form a sauce, about 10 minutes.

No comments: