23.11.09

Sautéed Shrooms

Mushrooms are a wonderful, wonderful thing. I absolutely hated them when I was a kid (for no good reason, if I remember correctly), but now, I'll take 'em in any way, shape, or form. Last week, I decided I wanted to make some sort of simple mushroom sauté I could serve up in multiple ways. So, I picked up a few portobello mushrooms and went to town...and ended up with something that works on crackers, in soup, or as a side.

Sautéed Portobello Mushrooms

• 2 large portabella mushrooms, finely chopped (discard stems)
• 1 large shallot, finely minced
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine

Heat the oil in a skillet, then sauté the minced shallot until it begins to turn golden. Add the mushrooms, sauté until they just begin to get soft. Add the wine, toss, and cook until most of the liquid evaporates. Serve warm.

No comments: