10.8.10

In The "I Wonder If This Is Going To Work" Department: Danger Pickles

I've just started yet another experiment, which I'm titling Danger Pickles. In part, the name comes from my worry that I'm going to poison myself with a pickling experiment... But primarily, it comes from the ingredients in each of the two jars: maxixe with the alien spines still on them (they're not too painful when handling, but we'll see...), two dried Thai chilis, a few sprigs of dill, two lemon slices, and 1 large clove of garlic. I based the brine on a recipe I found for Kosher pickles, but honestly, I really don't know what the heck I'm doing. I guess we'll see what happens in a few days--I leave them out for 3 to 6 days, then taste and refrigerate. This will undoubtedly be a maxixe mystery...

No comments: