31.8.10

I'm really, really loving the tomatoes this summer--mainly because of the tomato-free summer of 2009--and practically every meal these days is featuring them in one form or another. Walking home the other day, I realized that it was time for a spicy pasta dish, so I headed to Espositio's for some hot Italian sausage. I still had a handful of the large-ish cherry tomatoes from Mandy's CSA share (called black somethings...Black Beauties? Nah...couldn't be...), and a jar full of pesto from my window basil, so I set to work on a simple summer pasta (which would be yummy without the sausage, too).

Cherry Tomato, Hot Sausage, and Pesto Pasta
(amounts below are per serving)
• 1 or 2 links of hot sausage (depending on your hunger level!)
• 1 serving dry pasta (I used cappellini)
• 6 large cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 1 tablespoon pesto
• salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste

Remove the sausage from its casing, crumble, and sauté until brown. Meanwhile, boil enough salted water for your pasta, then cook it according to the package's directions. Drain. Add the pasta, tomatoes, and pesto to the cooked sausage and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve!

No comments: