18.3.10

The KKNY Retro Recipe Project: 1942 Banana Oatmeal Cookies

1942's Bananas...how to serve them doesn't only offer up scary savory banana ideas (though, as I said, the banana meat loaf has potential), it also covers loads and loads of sweets (of course!). I'm a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, so when I spied a banana oatmeal cookie recipe, I decided that was the project for me.

With the aid of some wonderfully helpful friends, a group effort commenced. Using the Foster's supremely awesome 1940s(!) "Dormey" electric mixer, we put together the fairly easy recipe, and ended up with a pretty stellar batch. As in the meat loaf, I used less salt than the recipe called for (what's up with the salt lovers of 1942?), but otherwise, I think this might just be the latest entry in my repertoire!

No comments: