6.10.09

Garden 34th Street: I Was Wrong...Again...

So the peppers I thought were malagueta...aren't malagueta. They just keep getting bigger and bigger, so now I think they're dedo de moça, or "young lady's fingers" (eew). I was bummed at first--I was so looking forward to malaguetas--but these look like they'll be fabulous cooking peppers. Now if they'd only turn red...

And it looks like these little peppers on the neighboring plants are biquinho, or "little beak." They're super-cute, and Tony says they're kind of sweet and wonderful when fresh. Can't wait 'till these babies ripen! (By the way, I'm completely appreciating the poetic Brazilian pepper names. We English speakers need to work on some better names for things.)

The chili hots continue to chug along, which is great news for our jelly!

No comments: