3.8.09

Lime Leaf Goodness

Throughout a fabulous birthday weekend in Beacon, Nancy and I continued to play and experiment with some of the hearty vegetable survivors from this monsoon season...I mean summer... Yesterday, I decided to crack into one of the cayenne peppers we'd harvested on Saturday, and I concocted a new pork marinade. We matched the grilled chops with a pattypan from our garden, spicy cole slaw, maxixe marinated in apple cider vinegar, and maxixe, zucchini, corn, & basil salad. The new lime leafy goodness was a hit, and we decided to make it the newest official member of our culinary rotation.

Lime Leaf Marinade
for 4 pork chops

• 1/2 fresh cayenne pepper, finely minced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 lime leaves, finely chopped
• juice of 1/2 lime
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Combine all ingredients and marinate pork for at least 1 hour. Grill.

2 comments:

Irma Stoltzfus said...

What are lime leafs? Oh wait, I'll google it. I keep forgetting a world of information is at my fingertips.

By the way, your peach salsa recipe has replicated. Two people in town are now making it and think that it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Unknown said...

Haha--awesome!!!! I could call it "Viral Peach Salsa"... oh...wait...