3.3.09

Breakfast Redemption

Last night at about 10:15, I remembered that I wanted to experiment with sweet crepes for breakfast. The batter needs to rest overnight, so even though I was in the middle of watching my favorite movie on TCM, up from my couch I popped. I grabbed Chocolate and Zucchini's recipe, and as it's just me, I made a 1/3 batch in my blender (it calls for three eggs, so a half-recipe would be problematic...). The batter went into the fridge, and I went back to The Philadelphia Story.



I'm not a big breakfast person (I usually have toast and fruit or something), but this morning I made what was, perhaps, my best weekday breakfast ever: A Baby Moro Blood Orange Crepe. Easiest. Thing. Ever. Peel a blood orange and section it. Place the sections on the crepe while the second side is cooking, and fold when it's finished. Dust with a little powdered sugar. Enjoy!

4 comments:

jimmy said...

That looks amazing. I want it now.

sj said...

Ooh crepes!!

sj said...

yum, crepes!

Mandounette said...

Add some Grand Marnier and light it on fire and you have a Blood Orange Suzette! But maybe not a great idea to be playing with fire before the 1st coffee...