4.3.11

Seriously, Why?

The latest addition to the short list of things I absolutely refuse to eat: Silkworm Pupa.

After a Korean feast with friends at New Wonjo we popped next door to Han Ah Reum Supermarket for a little post-dinner adventure. Spied alongside the various varieties of flavored tuna fish in cans: the above. After a quick web search, I discovered they are a popular snack in Korea, called beondegi. Boiled and seasoned, it's sold by street vendors, at bars, and in those little cans.

Now, those of you who know me well know...I don't like bugs. At all. So, every time I see a news story about the scary state of the global food supply, and that eating insects could be the answer, I get seriously nauseous. I guess I'll be one of the first to starve to death if things get bad, but you know what? I'm fine with that.



No comments: