10.2.10

Fast Food

Just thought I'd post a reminder: stir fry is fast and easy. After battling some winter aphids on my pepper plants (and alas, I have yet to win), I was too tired to make the soup I'd planned. Then I remembered the bok choy in the crisper, and 10 minutes later I was eating dinner...

Last Night's Stir Fry

• 1 slice leftover pork roast, cut into pieces
• 1/2 cup roughly-chopped leek greens
• 5 baby bok choy, leaves washed and separated
• 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon Sichuan pepper oil (if you have it)

In a skillet or wok, heat the roast pork. Add the leek greens and chili-garlic sauce and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add the bok choy, soy sauce, and oil, then toss, cover, and steam for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bok choy is bright green and just tender. Toss again and serve.

No comments: