7.5.09

Garden 34th Street: Thursday Update

Though it's been a dreary, rainy week in NYC, my plants continue to thrive. While things are still coming up and some are in their baby two-leaf phase, others have turned into adolescents and finally look like the plants pictured on the seed packets.

The chili hots (pictured above) have turned into a happy pepper forest, and I think I might be able to harvest some basil (at right) in a week? Now...to ponder that first dish...

I'm also incredibly excited about my tomato prospects. The first to come up, the Santa Adélía from Brazil (the ones at the bottom of the photo), are finally growing some things that look like actual tomato plant leaves. The Gaúcho are coming along, too, and most of the heirloom seeds in the egg carton terrarium have sprouted. I'm already looking forward to the harvest...

No comments: