1.11.10

The Truffle Oil Diaries: Sautéed Potatoes

Researching creative ways to use truffle oil, I have discovered that, apparently, its aromatic wonderfulness doesn't last for very long. Time to get crackin'!

Craving a truly satisfying potato moment, I decided to approximate something similar to the truffled French fries that have been showing up on menus around town. I cut up a potato, tossed the slices with a tablespoon of olive oil and some kosher salt, and threw them into my handy-dandy cast iron skillet. I slowly browned them over medium-low heat, turning every so often, until they were fairly brown and a little crunchy. Before serving, I tossed them with a generous drizzle of truffle oil.

I was content. So, as far as the Truffle Oil Diaries go, while it's not the most spectacular way to get one's truffle fix, this idea's a super-easy keeper.

No comments: