13.11.10

This Weekend in NYC: The Quidditch World Cup

One of the best things about New York City is that the world eventually comes to us. This weekend's arrival: the Quidditch World Cup. I'd read a few articles about how the fictional Harry Potter sport has become an actual thing happening on university campuses. I couldn't decide if it was a good idea or a jump-the-shark moment, so as the QWC was basically in my neighborhood, I decided to go check out what the heck these kids were up to. The answer? Having a good ol' geektastic time. (Though I still can't figure out how they aren't in an enormous amount of pain from running around with broomsticks between their legs...)

It's actually a contact sport--there was a good amount of tackling going on.
And therefore a first-aid tent.


A snitch is captured...
...while another taunts the crowd.

No comments: