8.10.10

Tea @ The House of Waris

I've just returned from treating myself to a fabulous pot of tea underneath The High Line at the House of Waris's pop up shop and tea room. Part of the Building Fashion at HL23 project, this collaboration between designer, actor, philanthropist, and book editor Waris Ahluwalia (you've probably spotted him in Wes Anderson's films) and architectural designer Christian Wassmann is a fabulous little place that, sadly, is only open until October 17th. It opened yesterday and was still under construction when I was there, but I'll be bugging friends to join me next week for a spot of Waris's specially-selected tea (I had the best chai I've ever had). The shop also includes his fabulous jewelry, scarves, and some of his other little favorite things (nudge nudge: if anyone's looking for a Christmas prezzy for me, pop on by the House of Waris!).

They were filling the reflecting pool as I left...
A view inside the shop.
The House of Waris Tea Room is on 24th Street west of 10th Avenue, right underneath The High Line.

No comments: