15.12.10

The Truffle Oil Diaries: Bacon & Goat Cheese Pasta

Oh yeah, people, I took it up a notch! Last night, when I realized I was entirely over the extreme cold and holiday crazy time, I decided I needed some sort of treat. I remembered I had a little bacon in the freezer...and realized it would be fantastic with goat cheese and truffle oil. So, I went to town.

For a portion of hot pasta, I threw in a little browned bacon (about 2 slices worth, or about 1/4 cup of lardons) and tossed everything with a tiny bit of olive oil. Onto my plate it went, with about 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese, a generous amount of freshly-grated Parmesan, some Maldon salt, pepper, and a nice drizzle of truffle oil.

And lo, it was really, really good. I may have to eat this every night in order to survive the next few weeks...

No comments: