8.2.11

The Nom Wah Tea Parlor Has Reopened

During my Chinatown explorations on Sunday, I noticed a very happy thing: the Nom Wah Tea Parlor has once again opened its doors for business. While I haven't been there in more than a decade (I had an unfortunate bug dumpling incident there years ago), the old-school place was always close to my heart. Located right at the Bloody Angle of Doyers Street (where New York's Chinatown was born), Nom Wah is supposedly the oldest dim sum parlor in the neighborhood, and its old red booths and beat-up decor is incredibly charming.

I checked out this Daily News article, which they'd posted in the window, and was happy to see that there was a bit of a line out the door. I guess it's time for me to give the place another chance--especially as they've renovated their kitchen...I'm sure that will help.

No comments: