26.1.11

The Truffle Oil Diaries: Easy Mac & Cheese

This constant cold, snow, and more snow is making me crave an odd combination of comfort food and blood oranges (I scored six pounds of the beauties yesterday--yessss!). These culinary desires could definitely be worse, but my salad-only post-holiday diet has really gone down the toilet...

So, when I decided I wanted to make a simple pasta for lunch, then spied my brand new log of goat cheese, my creative cooking light bulb went "*Bing!* Truffle oil mac and cheese!" I ended up making, perhaps, the easiest mac and cheese ever? And it's not so horrible health-wise, to boot...

For my portion of hot, cooked pasta, I stirred in a little more than a teaspoon of truffle oil and a generous pinch of Maldon salt, then tossed to coat. I stirred in a hunk of goat cheese (more than a tablespoon), about a tablespoon of freshly-grated Parmesan, and some freshly-ground black pepper. That's it! Super easy, super happy (especially when followed by a blood orange for dessert).

No comments: